Skilled Independent Visa
Skilled Independent Visa is a point-based visa for the people who are arriving in Australia for work. As the name suggests, this visa is for independent individuals who are arriving in Australia for a job and are neither sponsored by an employer, or a family member nor nominated by a state or territory government. This visa allows you to stay and work in Australia like any permanent resident.
An applicant will be able to lodge this visa application if invited by the department of immigration through its skilled migration program. To get an invitation, it is important that the aspirants must fulfil certain requirements.
Only the candidates who are invited by the Department of Immigration are allowed to lodge visa application for this visa sub type. In order to get an invitation for the visa, an aspirant needs to
- Submit an Australia Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Nominate a vocation/occupation which is on the related skilled occupation list
- Be under 50
- Have competency of English as a foreign language
- Obtain 60 points in the test
- Successfully cater to the character and health prerequisites.