The Subclass 491 is a family-sponsored visa in Australia for talented workers who want to live and work in a rural area. The Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa is a five-year open-ended work visa that can be converted to permanent residency.
491 Visa Requirements
The following requirements should be fulfilled to qualify for Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa:
- You should be between 18 and 44 years old.
- Your English should be competent, while your dependent kin, who should be over 18, should have functional English.
- Your skill assessment for an occupation listed in the Skilled Occupation List should be positive. For an applicant sponsored by the family, the list changes to Medium-Long Term Skills Shortage List (MLTSSL). Similarly, for Territory/State sponsored applicants, the lists are the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL), MLTSSL, a State/Territory Occupations List, and the Regional Occupation List (ROL).
- You should score at least 65 points in the skilled migration points test.
- You must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect. You should then receive an application invite.
- The Government of a State or Territory should nominate you. An eligible relative can also sponsor you.
- You should also satisfy the character and health criteria.
It is advisable to prepare all the necessary documents at the earliest because once you are invited for the application, the invitation will lapse within 60 days.
Nomination by a State or Territory Government
A list containing occupations in limited numbers is issued by each Territory and State Government for their region. The requirements in these lists may vary from those of the Department of Immigration, based on the applicants' English proficiency, experience, or skills. You should always check these lists before applying.
Sponsorship from an Eligible Family Member
Specific points to remember while getting the family-sponsored visa 491 are given below-
- If a family member sponsors you, you can only mention occupations in the MLTSSL. The sponsoring relative should reside in the designated regional area.
- Should be at least 18 years old
- Should be a New Zealand or an Australian citizen, or a permanent resident in Australia
- A qualified family member, including children, parents, aunt/uncle, siblings, grandparent, nephew/niece, or first cousin.
Duration and Conditions
The visa is a temporary residence visa that allows applicants to stay in Australia for up to five years after it is granted. Holders of a visa will have accessibility to Medicare as well as full employment privileges. The Subclass 491 visa stipulates that all visa holders must reside, work, and study in Australia.
Applicants who apply through the State/Territory recommended stream must live in the state or territory that recommended them for the visa. Suppose you and your family are outside of Australia when the visa is issued. In that case, you will need to visit Australia for the first time before your medical and police clearances expire.
Where should you be when you apply?
When applying for a Subclass 491 Visa, you might be in Australia or abroad. You must have a formal visa or a Bridging A, B, or C visa to lodge from Australia (i.e., onshore). When you submit an onshore application, you will instantly be issued a bridging visa, allowing you to stay in Australia while your application is being processed.
Applying for the Subclass 491 Visa for South Australia, Perth, NSW (New South Wales), etc., can be difficult, which is why we are here to help you! Connect with PSM Global, and we'd be happy to help.
Why Apply through PSM Global Consultants
- Best Advice on course and location selection
- Hassle-free admission paperwork process
- Source you Huge scholarships from colleges
- Less tuition fees courses options
- Flexible monthly payments options to pay tuition fees
- Discounts on Student Visa Application process when you enrol through us
- Discounted OHSC
- Massive savings when you take ongoing services such as Skill Assessment, TR, EOI or any other
Disclaimer: This is a generalised information & advice on the course. Please contact us to learn more in detail.
The visa is a temporary residence visa that allows applicants to stay in Australia for up to five years after it is granted. Holders of a visa will have access to Medicare and full employment privileges. The Subclass 491 visa stipulates that all visa holders reside, work, and study in Australia.
Yes, visa holders are allowed to study in Australia. However, one of the visa conditions is that all holders must reside, work, and study in Australia.
The Subclass 491 visa offers many benefits, including living and working in Australia for up to five years, access to Medicare, full employment privileges, and the ability to study in Australia.
The visa allows holders to work in any occupation in Australia. There are no specific occupations listed for this visa, so holders are free to work in any field they qualify for.
- 491 Visa Victoria
- 491 Visa New South Walsh (NSW)
- 491 Visa South Australia
- 491 Visa Queensland
- 491 Visa Tasmania
- 491 Visa ACT
- 491 Visa Western Australia
- 491 Visa Northern Territory
The minimum score required in the points test is 65 points. However, additional points may be awarded for certain factors, such as having a spouse or partner applying for the visa, having a dependent child, or having an occupation in demand in Australia.