Global Talent Visa
Australia has always been one of the best destinations to work and live in. As a hub for innovative industries and sturdy traditional sectors, the country has a lot to offer to the world. The country, in turn, is in pursuit of the brightest talents across the world to contribute in its own workspace.
What is now known as Global Talent Visa, Australia and the world knew it as Distinguished Talent Visa until February 2021. Along with a new name, the Government of Australia has vigorously proposed to invest more than AUD 500 million over the next 4 years in order to issue this visa, and give it a new boost.
What is the Global Talent Visa?
This visa extends an opportunity to the most distinguished individuals, with unrivalled expertise, to earn, live and travel in Australia, and contribute to it with their efforts.
This visa is split into two segments:
Global Talent Visa Program
The erstwhile Distinguished Talent Visa Subclass 858, this visa offers 200 places to accomplished athletes, researchers, academics, artists and other highly skilled professionals, who have gained global recognition for their work. This is in line with the Distinguished Talent Visa prior to February 2021. The visa invites some of the best professionals in the world to overhaul ten of Australia’s most ambitious sectors:
- Agri-food and Agricultural Technology
- Health industries
- Circular economy
- Defence, space and advanced manufacturing
- Tourism and infrastructure
- Financial services and FinTech
- Trade Recognized Australia (TRA)
Global Talent Employers Sponsored (GTES)
Earlier known as Global Talent Independent Visa in Australia, this visa allows employers to endorse migrant workers into the Australian working niche for very specific positions. These are the positions that cannot be fulfilled:
- By workers of Australian nationality
- Through Short- and Medium-Term Streams, or Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visas.
If you’re an employer, you need to demonstrate that the existing TSS Visas are not sufficient to deliver the skilled professionals required for a specific role.
Global Talent Employers Sponsored (GTES) Streams
Global Talent Employers Sponsored (GTES) Visa is divided into two streams:
- Established Business Stream
- Startup Stream
Established Business Stream:
This stream lets the sponsors reach out to professionals with ground-breaking skills,so that they can help make innovations in the pre-established businesses, and bring out the best in them.
Contrary to Established Business Stream, Startup Stream allows employers to sponsor the most advanced minds that can add value to Australia’s startup environment. You should be able to contribute new ideas, perspectives, methods, skills, and introduce new technology, to make Australians the finest professionals.
Global Talent Visa in Australia: Requirements
Global Talent Visa Program
To get a Global Talent Visa for Australia, you must:
- Give evidence of your international recognition and remarkable accomplishments
- Give evidence that you would add value to Australia with your expertise
- Still command authority in your field
- Easily gain employment and establish yourself in your vocation
- Be nominated by a recognized organization or person, in the same field as yours, as a Global Talent
Global Talent Employers Sponsored (GTES) Program
To get a Global Talent Employers Sponsored (GTES) Visa you must:
- Fulfil character, health and security criteria
- Not have any kinship with the shareholders or directors
- Present qualifications corresponding to your expected role of expertise
- Have a work experience of a minimum of 3 years in the concerned role
- should be able to contribute to Australia with skills and development
While Established Business Stream requires you to earn a minimum salary of AUD153,600, this changes to Startup Stream AUD 80,000 in the Startup Stream.
Benefits of the Global Talent Visa
If you manage to get your hands on one, consider yourself hitched with life down under for good! Global Talent Visa is issued on a Permanent-basis. This also means you can travel to Australia amidst COVID-19 travel restrictions. And let’s not forget, the liberty of getting full-time employment, and benefits like health care are only some of the many advantages of a Permanent Australian Visa.
Why Apply through PSM Global Consultants
- Best Advice on course and location selection
- Hassle-free admission paperwork process
- Source you Huge scholarships from colleges
- Less tuition fees courses options
- Flexible monthly payments options to pay tuition fees
- Discounts on Student Visa Application process when you enrol through us
- Discounted OHSC
- Massive savings when you take ongoing services such as Skill Assessment, TR, EOI or any other
Disclaimer: This is a generalised information & advice on the course. Please contact us to learn more in detail.