Post Study Work Visa Australia
In 2017/18, The Post-Study Work Visa made up for 84.2 per cent of the total visa grants. That’s how popular it is, and how in-demand Australia is.
Oz has found a special place in the international arena, not only for excellent sports teams, unique flora and fauna, and surreal tourist destinations but also for a lot of other factors. The nation has emerged as a pioneer in engineering, finance, IT, business, manufacturing and several other sectors. Unsurprisingly, it is also an ideal environment for young minds, fresh graduates to ply their trade and gain experience. With this in mind, the Government has decided to make amends to the existing Post-Study Work Visa in Australia.
TIME ALLOTTED TO EACH POST-STUDY WORK STREAM VISA HOLDER
The Post Study Stream visa, depending upon the level of your education and the type of employment that you’re seeking, allows eligible international students to apply for a post-study visa. The duration of your stay depends on the nature of the degree you hold:
- If you are a graduate, you can stay in Australia for up to 2 years
- Masters by coursework or research earns you a 3-year long stay
- Bearer of doctoral degree can stay for as long as 4 years
- Hong Kong passport holders are allowed to stay in Australia for 5 years But that’s not all! Even the location matters:
- Major cities like Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane grant graduates, masters, and doctorates a regular two-year visa.
- Adelaide, Perth, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Newcastle/Lake Macquarie, Canberra, Geelong, Wollongong/Illawarra, and Hobart offer one-year extension (a total of three years) to students studying at regional universities
- All other regional centres can provide an extension of up to two years (a total of four years) to students studying at regional universities
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR POST STUDY WORK VISA AUSTRALIA
You need to have fulfilled all the Australian study requirements six months before the application for the visa. The only exception to this is if you have been impacted by the COVID-19 travel restrictions. The requirements are considered fulfilled when a degree, diploma, or a trade qualification has been awarded to you, and:
- Your graduation course was registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- You have successfully met every course requirement
- The language of the study/course was English
- The duration for the completion of your course was a minimum of two academic years, ie, 92 weeks
- The duration for the completion of your course in Australia was a minimum of 16 calendar months
- You were the holder of an Australian study visa and authorised to study
- You received your first student visa after November 5th, 2011
- Your score in all segments of IELTS or an equivalent English proficiency test is at least 6
- You have functional health insurance (an individual must bear his/her own medical liabilities)
BENEFITS OF POST STUDY WORK VISA
- No list of occupations: anybody, irrespective of his or her education type, can apply.
- Skill assessment is not required
- Students can gain better opportunities for employment, study and travel
- Better access to hands-on experience in the relevant industry
Why Apply through PSM Global Consultants
- Best Advice on course and location selection
- Hassle-free admission paperwork process
- Source you Huge scholarships from colleges
- Less tuition fees courses options
- Flexible monthly payments options to pay tuition fees
- Discounts on Student Visa Application process when you enrol through us
- Discounted OHSC
- Massive savings when you take ongoing services such as Skill Assessment, TR, EOI or any other
Disclaimer: This is a generalised information & advice on the course. Please contact us to learn more in detail.